COVID-19 Claim Categoriser
A machine learning classifier trained to categorise claims about COVID-19 into 10 categories. These were proposed by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism:
- Public authority actions, policy, and communications
- Community spread and impact
- Medical advice and self-treatments
- Claims about prominent actors
- Conspiracy theories
- Virus transmission
- Virus origin and properties
- Public preparedness, protests, and civil disobedience
- Vaccines, medical treatments, and tests
Further information on the classifier development can be found in this blog post.
A video demo of how the classifier can be used to organise automatically claims about COVID-19 into categories for fast exploration and insights is available here.
|:Attention||Most attentioned words|
Use this pipeline
You can process up to 1,200 documents per day free of charge using the REST API, at an average rate of 2 documents/sec. Higher quotas are available for research users by arrangement, contact us for details.
The API endpoint for this pipeline is:
You can process any amount of data with this pipeline on a pay-as-you-go basis, for GBP0.80 per hour. This can be data you upload yourself, data you collected from Twitter, or the results of a previous job.