COVID-19 Misinformation Categoriser
A machine learning classifier trained to categorise COVID-19 misinformation into 10 categories. These were proposed by the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism:
- Public authority actions, policy, and communications
- Community spread and impact
- Medical advice and self-treatments
- Claims about prominent actors
- Conspiracy theories
- Virus transmission
- Virus origin and properties
- Public preparedness, protests, and civil disobedience
- Vaccines, medical treatments, and tests
Further information on the classifier development can be found in this blog post.
A video demo of how the classifier can be used to organise automatically COVID-19 misinformation into categories for fast exploration and insights is available here.
Use this pipeline
You can process up to 600 documents per day free of charge using the REST API, at an average rate of 2 documents/sec. Higher quotas are available for research users by arrangement, contact us for details.
The API endpoint for this pipeline is:
You can process any amount of data with this pipeline on a pay-as-you-go basis, for GBP0.80 per hour. This can be data you upload yourself, data you collected from Twitter, or the results of a previous job.